Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking an Operations Manager for an Energy from Waste facility, owned by one of the major Waste Management firm in the UK. You will be responsible for all operational aspects of the facility and processes on-site to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the plant. You will be responsible for up to 8 direct reports and an additional 12 staff in wider responsibility. If you are passionate about the Energy industry and are a strong leader, this could be the role for you!
- Liaise with other managers in relation to projects, maintenance, planned and unplanned outages and feasibility studies, evaluation, costing and programming of plant improvements.
- Monitor the day to day running of the facility.
- Instruct operations staff to optimise the facility accordingly.
- Undertake all aspects of staff management, including recruitment, induction, appraisals, training, disciplinary and grievances.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems, Policies and Procedures, ensuring that systems are in place to maintain safe systems of work for company and contractors staff.
- Ensure that the facility operates within legal requirements and environmental legislation ISO 9001,1401,1800, including the operational requirements of the client contract and undertake any internal and external audits.
- Be available to be called in during emergency situations and plant breakdowns when necessary, also known as the Management ‘Standby’ rota.
- Good knowledge of MSW Incineration and/or Power Generation, having experience at a management level in one of these areas.
- Qualified to HNC or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline or demonstrable working knowledge of MSW Incineration/Power Generation.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a team, staff development and performance.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and safe working systems associated with the generation and/or District Energy Networks.
- Knowledge of Environmental Permits and associated reporting regime.
- Experience of producing and managing budgets.
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations and their application.
- Analytical ability with a practical approach to solving engineering problems, together with the ability to work under pressure.
- Some manual handling is necessary, working in confined spaces and working at height.
- Full, clean UK driving licence with at least three years of driving experience.
- Flexible and proactive, willingness to work occasional unsociable hours.
- Experienced in stakeholder interfaces working with external clients, local authorities and regulatory authorities.
- IT literate in software packages such as Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project Manager knowledge of SAP systems.
- Qualified for NEBOSH General Certificate.