Green Recruitment Solutions is currently looking for Mechanical and Civil Quantity Surveyors to join a leading European manufacturer of pre-insulated piping products for district heating, decentralised energy and industrial energy systems. Aside from being a renowned supplier of piping products, they are also involved in turn-key project installations comprising of the full project lifecycle i.e. planning, project management, construction, installation and monitoring.
You will be responsible for the financial management of Contracts, in partnership with the Managing Director and/ or Project Managers.
Managing all costs related to civil engineering and building projects from the first calculations to the final numbers, tasked with reducing the overall cost of a project thus ensuring value for money.
- Vet contract documentation on receipt from client to ensure compatibility with the company’s tender and subsequent negotiations.
- Vet contractual terms and conditions and negotiate amendments with the client where required.
- Produce a commercial risk register for each contract. Monitor risk and assist in the implementation of agreed mitigation measures.
- Prepare and issue enquiries for major plant & equipment and sub-contract packages. Vet quotations commercially and negotiate price and terms with vendors. Issue resultant purchase orders.
- Prepare and submit applications for payment and/or Invoices, obtain payment certificates and progress client payments in accordance with contractual provisions.
- Measure, submit and agree variations, loss & expense and/or compensation events in accordance with contractual provisions to facilitate prompt agreement of final accounts.
- Monitor on-site record keeping. Prepare and issue notices in accordance with contractual provisions
- Prepare and submit monthly cost value reconciliations and cash/ spend profiles. Attend contract review meetings.
- Measure, certify and agree subcontractors’ interim valuations and final accounts. Prepare and issue contractual notices to sub-contractors
- Ensuring that all cost management projects are completed on time and to budget
- Assist the Finance Department in securing payment of invoices and/or applications for payment
- Carrying out feasibility studies
- Cost control & cost-benefit analysis
- Risk analysis evaluations
- Advising on legal issues and representing clients in disputes
- Drawing up contracts with vendors
- Negotiating the cost of projects
- As you will be involved at every stage of project costing, a large amount of strategic work is involved as you need to ensure everything is completed to the necessary quality within the allotted budget and timeframe
The Ideal Person:
- A candidate qualified with Bachelor's Degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil/ Mechanical Engineering
- Background in Utilities, District Heating, Energy from Waste, Anaerobic Digestion, Renewable Energy and/ or Decentralised Good commercial awareness/ acumen and negotiation skills
- Experienced with resolving difficult or disputed accounts to finality
- Excellent internal and external communication skills with a customer focus
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience of Financial and Contract Management software packages is advantageous
- Methodical way of thinking
- Good knowledge of construction
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Good motivational and organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and prioritise workload
- Flexible with national travel, as projects are UK-wide