Are you a Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge? Would you thrive within an exciting organisation embarking on large growth?
Our client is looking for a Mechanical QS to join their team due to ongoing business growth. They are a leading European manufacturer of pre-insulated piping products for district heating, decentralised energy and industrial energy systems. Aside from being a renowned supplier of piping products, they are also involved in turn-key project installations comprising of the full project lifecycle i.e. planning, project management, construction, installation and monitoring.
Responsible for the financial management of Contracts, in partnership with the Managing Director and/ or Project Managers.
- Vet contract documentation on receipt from client to ensure compatibility with the company’s tender and subsequent negotiations
- Vet contractual terms and conditions and negotiate amendments with the client where required
- Produce commercial risk register for each contract. Monitor risk and assist in implementation of agreed mitigation measures.
- Prepare and issue enquiries for major plant & equipment and sub-contract packages. Vet quotations commercially and negotiate price and terms with vendors. Issue resultant purchase orders
- Prepare and submit applications for payment and/or Invoices, obtain payment certificates and progress client payments in accordance with contractual provisions
- Measure, submit and agree variations, loss & expense and/or compensation events in accordance with contractual provisions to facilitate prompt agreement of final accounts
- Monitor on-site record keeping. Prepare and issue notices in accordance with contractual provisions
- Prepare and submit monthly cost value reconciliations and cash/ spend profiles. Attend contract review meetings
- Measure, certify and agree sub-contractors interim valuations and final accounts. Prepare and issue contractual notices to sub-contractors
- Ensuring that all cost management projects are completed on time and to budget
- Assist the Finance Department in securing payment of invoices and/or applications for payment
The Ideal Person:
- A Quantity Surveyor with a Mechanical bias
- Background in Utilities, District Heating, Energy from Waste, Anaerobic Digestion, Renewable Energy and/ or Decentralised
- Good commercial awareness/ acumen and negotiation skills
- Experienced with resolving difficult or disputed accounts to finality
- Excellent internal and external communication skills with customer focus
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of Financial and Contract Management software packages is advantageous
- Good motivational and organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and prioritise workload
- Flexible with national travel, as projects are UK-wide