Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking Procurement Director for an international leader in Energy from Waste, clean power generation technology. Based at their UK head offices, you will be part of the senior management team, reporting to the Board. The need to recruit has been triggered by a sustained period of success in the UK, along with growing demand from international clients. With current resources within Procurement at full utilisation, there is a need for a senior Procurement professional to come on board, in a more strategic yet still very much a ‘hands-on’ role. The role holder will be responsible for a growing portfolio of projects internationally, quickly building robust supply chains in local markets; with a focus on achieving the lowest cost procurement, without compromising on quality.
You will be dedicated to delivering excellence in EPC project lifecycle management from a strategic procurement perspective; delivering excellence in project supply chain management. This will include the development of EPC project procurement strategies through to supplier selection and contract development to post-award contracts and claim management. This role would suit a creative procurement professional, as a key objective in the role would be to generate new ideas and innovative solutions for delivering projects, more economically.
- Responsible for procurement strategy development, defining the key success criteria, priorities and imperatives for the project and devise an appropriate supply chain and procurement strategy which delivers these requirements.
- Each project strategy will be bespoke and specific to the desired outcomes of the project while maintaining some consistency with non-negotiable elements of the global procurement strategy, governance models and company policies.
- Procurement strategy will detail value definition, opportunity development, supply chain execution and value creation, governance and value capture and mitigation of risk and value protection.
- From a procurement strategy execution perspective, you will assume responsibility for the creation and operational leadership of teams to deliver the Procurement Strategy. You will assume day to day accountability for the management of the project Procurement team to ensure delivery of the project requirements.
- To ensure procurement integration you will ensure that strategy and execution of project requirements both aligns and leverages existing category management plans where appropriate to the project.
- To be involved in the development and coordination of pricing information to support business bids. This involves preparing tender enquiries and pricing schedules.
- Monitor and track expenditure to ensure that exact cost information is available
- Furthermore, you will continuously scan the market from a number of industry sectors for best practice developments, assessing how they can be exploited by our client to further value creation, value delivery, value capture and value protection.
- University Degree educated in Engineering or Science or similar plus Post Graduate level qualification in Procurement and/or Master’s Degree. In addition, a project management qualification will be highly advantageous.
- CIPS/ MCIPS will be beneficial
- Experience of EPC procurement project management within a major capital investment or exploration programmes
- Experienced in analysing project requirements and developing critical success factors, translating these into bespoke Procurement Strategies
- Experience gained within Power Generation, Biomass, Incineration, Oil & Gas, Gasification, Energy from Waste or other Thermal Power Generation industries.
- Experienced in the award and management of Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts in the range of/up to c£500m.
- Highly adept at delivering strategic contracting and procurement change programmes within a highly regulated and best in class health and safety environment
- Confident and experienced in preparing, presenting and justifying business cases to mainboard/ExCom level.
- Adept at managing ambiguity, confidently taking accountability for creating a governance model, resource plan and delivery plan to meet project requirements
- Managing complex contractual relationships including the provision of free-issue materials, technology or IP and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing suppliers to deliver within this context
- Excellent track record of building teams of high performing professionals, conveying the strategy and vision to motivate and empower a team to take accountability for delivery of the project.
- Experienced in developing unique and bespoke fit-for-purpose commercial models for teams to deliver the appropriate outcomes for the project combined with a proven track record of performance management
- Able to identify areas of improvement, process optimisation and standardisation; with the ability to implement
- Good understanding of purchasing, demonstrating analytical skills
- Supply chain management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Contract management/ legal awareness
- A good mentor and inspiring leader
- Able to work in a team and lead procurement projects
- Well organised with the ability to manage a portfolio of procurement projects
- Flexible to travel internationally, including the US