Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking a Site Chemist for a leading player within the Hazardous Waste industry. Working closely with other members of the Hazardous Waste Team, this role involves arranging inspection, collection, treatment and disposal of Hazardous Waste, in compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a ‘green’ business, where your impact in the role will contribute towards protecting the environment, and diverting waste from landfill!
- To perform sampling and verification of incoming Hazardous Waste (wet and dry wastes including chemicals, paints, solvents, oils etc.)
- Complete and retain all appropriate paperwork and documentation in connection with the treatment and transfer of hazardous waste (e.g. Duty of Care, Consignment Notes, non-conformance reports and other reports as required)
- Performing all daily activities on site, in line with industry ‘Best Practice’, Health & Safety, Quality and all applicable legislation
- HND or degree level educated in Chemistry, Environmental Science or similar
- Experience of working with hazardous chemicals, and a desire to maintain up to date knowledge of statutory regulations including Hazardous Waste regulations and ADR Regulations is essential
- COTC Level 4 ( i.e. Hazardous waste transfer)
- Comfortable with working outdoors in all types of weather
- A Team player with good communication skills