Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking a Project Director for a leading player within the Energy from Waste industry. The role involves assisting the Development Team with developing projects through to Financial Close, followed by working with the EPC Contractor to deliver the project through to Construction, Commissioning and Operations.
The Ideal Person:
- Degree level educated (or higher), in a Chemical, Process or Engineering discipline
- Strong technical/ engineering background gained within Energy from Waste, Gasification, Biomass, and or other Thermal Power Generation/ Process industries
- Familiar with working with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop and engineer solutions for major projects in any of the following industries: Process, Gasification, Biomass, Energy from Waste and/ or Thermal Power Generation etc.
- Understands the implications of different technical choices and is able to guide clients towards the best solution for their situation
- Experienced in generating and reviewing technical specifications for key components and process equipment packages, tender process and bid analysis
- An extensive background of developing complex engineering projects - projects that have been successfully delivered, and are currently operational
- History of consistent delivery of projects on time and to budget within a demanding commercial environment
- Commercially aware, savvy with contracts and financially astute
- Able to work at a higher level, managing the strategic aspects of large engagements, whilst mitigating any risks
- Able to review high-level deliverables across the business
- Comfortable with overseeing senior managers within the business
- No stranger to overseeing/ managing EPC Contractors
- Experienced in developing and delivering large new build projects consisting of process, Gasification, Biomass, Energy from Waste and/ or Thermal Power Generation etc.
- A driver for engagement reviews and quality assurance
- Able to develop, implement and maintain sound business practices
- Business-minded with the ability to identify and develop strategic accounts, forging long-term relationships with clients and capitalizing on equity and partnership opportunities
- An excellent negotiator